There is much work to be done:
- Deflating Stigma
- Letting your legislators know your opinions
- Participating in NAMI WALKS and other advocacy events
- Reading up on attitudes and agendas in popular media
- Writing letters to the editor on topics of special concern to you
- Building community that promotes tolerance and compassion
Be creative in the ways you advocate.
Write us – Let us know of ways in which you promote positive attitudes and a healthy community. We’d love to hear from you: email@example.com
Below are links which will help you to become educated and empowered. Try them out. Explore.
Every candidate and elected official from President to local government can be easily and instantly accessed through the:
• Vote Smart’s Website: www.vote-smart.org
• Voter’s Research Hotline: 1-888-VOTE-SMART (1-888-868-3762)
Officials voting records, contact information, etc. — From their previous professions, education, families, organizational membership to their latest e-mail address, they gather it all.
Look up bills in our State Legislature
NAMI NATIONAL LINKS